In Our Great State Of Tennessee
- Each day, we lose 3 individuals to suicide
- In 2017, we lost 127 more lives to suicide than motor vehicle accidents
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for youth ages 10-18
- Across ages 10-65, suicide is the 5th leading cause of death
- 19.2% of Tennessee High School Youth said that they had "seriously considered suicide within the last 12 months"
#TNWONTBESILENT IS THE JASON FOUNDATION’S CHALLENGE TO EVERYONE TO RAISE THE CONVERSATION ABOUT THE “SILENT EPIDEMIC” OF SUICIDE.
An Introduction from Governor Bill Lee
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee has been a strong supporter of #TNWontBeSilent. Watch his video message. Governor Lee also signed a Proclamation declaring September 6 - 12, 2020, as Tennessee Won't Be Silent Week.
See the Proclamation here >
The Jason Foundation, Inc
The Jason Foundation, Inc. (JFI) is dedicated to the prevention of the “Silent Epidemic” of youth suicide through educational and awareness programs that equip young people, educators/youth workers and parents with the tools and resources to help identify and assist at-risk youth.